As we enter the digital age, more and more of your business relies on high-quality electrical systems. When looking for maintenance electricians, especially for emergency situations, it is important to choose reliable, professional tradesmen. But how do you find the right electrical services?
Scope of work
Whether you are up for a refit, moving offices, or needing repairs, commercial electrical work is a complex sector of the electrical trades industry. Once you have contacted a likely choice, make sure to explain clearly what your expectations are of the job and the available budget. Ask to be taken through what approach they would take. An experienced electrician should be able to identify potential issues, outline likely parts required and get a rough timeline of the works.
When looking at listings or online, you want to narrow your search to speciality electricians. Be aware of the type of project you need to be done, industrial warehouse lighting, security system installations or network wiring are very different tasks. At Cablewise, our team of tradesmen specialise in communications technology, site security, and smart lighting systems.
The internet is a valuable source of information when you are looking to hire commercial trades. Check out Cablewise’s Projects page here for a gallery of delivered jobs across the Perth metropolitan area. Past project galleries are invaluable for ensuring the electrical services you need to match the expertise of the specialities of your short-listed electricians.
You don’t want to rely solely on online sources when finding likely candidates. Chat to colleagues or reach out into your professional network for recommendations of electrical companies and well-executed projects. Sometimes the best reference is a story of professional experience and high-quality workmanship.
When making contact and asking for a quote, there are a few things you can be aware of that help you determine the professionalism of your likely electricians.
- Nothing is worse than trades that don’t meet commitments or deadlines. Whether they have taken on too many jobs or are simply disorganised, quality organisations like Cablewise take great pride in being on time, every time.
- All electrical work in WA requires certification of tradesmen who are required to hold a current electricians license. It is important for safety that your hired tradesmen carry the appropriate licence for the job.
- Just like your business, your electrician should have public liability and business insurance. These details should be provided when asked for, you don’t want to be unprotected when works are underway.
- Service quality. In the electrical trade, service is not limited to the end result. A professional job takes into consideration time, minimises disruption to your commercial activity and respond to queries promptly.
- Time required. As part of a quote, you should be presented with a likely timeframe for works to be completed. This can vary depending on the size of the electrical team, speciality equipment necessary, and the experience of completing similar projects in the past.
For over a decade Cablewise has been providing commercial electrical upgrades and maintenance services across Perth and Australia. Call us today and let our experienced, professional team take the uncertainty out of your commercial project.